Haldor Advanced Technologies is a privately owned company specializing in developing RFID enabled solutions for the healthcare industry.
Haldor operates directly in North America through wholly owned US and Canadian subsidiaries. Haldor entered into an exclusive global distribution agreement with Hill-Rom (NYSE: HRC), a leading global medical technology company. Also, Haldor operates in Australia through Device Technologies Pty.
A multi-disciplinary team operates from a research & development and manufacturing facility located at Hod-Hasharon, Israel.
The company’s flagship solution, the ORLocate®, is an automated RFID-based
system that was designed to combat major challenges faced in today’s operating rooms
and sterilization departments. ORLocate® is currently the only commercially available
solution that monitors and tracks surgical instruments and consumables before,
during and at the conclusion of the surgical procedure. The ORLocate® system offers
an advanced solution for inventory tracking and asset management during instrument lifecycle.
Haldor’s value proposition is based on three components: return on investment (ROI),
patient safety and lean management.
The significant cost savings and return on investment are achieved through:
- Reduction of instrument shrinkage – over 50%
- Increased accuracy of surgical instrument sets – up to 100%
- Reduction in surgical instrument inventory – up to 15-20%
- Elimination of costly non-reimbursed events due to retained surgical instruments
- Potential reduction in insurance premiums
Enhanced patient safety and improved quality of care are achieved through:
- Reduction in X-rays required due to non-retained surgical instruments and consumables
- Increased time allocated for patient care in the operating room
- Enabling recall management on an instrument level for infection control and prevention purposes and patient safety
- Preventing incidences of retained surgical instruments and consumables
Lean and efficient management is achieved through:
- Reduction in packing time of surgical instrument sets
- Elimination of repacking defective instruments
- Reduction in the learning curve of newly hired sterilization technicians
- Reduction in time spent on reconciling counting discrepancies
Haldor’s technology is patent pending in the US, the EU, Japan, Israel and Singapore.
ORLocate® has undergone safety testing and has received FDA clearance, TGA approval, and
CE certification. Haldor has also received the ISO 13485 certificate for medical device quality system.
Haldor prides itself on having a state of the art manufacturing facility that stands at the forefront
of manufacturing technology.