The ORLocate OR Solution
The ORLocate® Operating Room (“OR”) solution provides hospitals with an intraoperative
item level surgical item management solution including instruments, sponges, disposables and untagged items. ORLocate ORTM facilitates counting before, during and at the conclusion of the surgery. ORLocate® OR prevents Retained Surgical Item (“RSI”) events and reduces instrument shrinkage.
Empowered by RFID technology ORLocate OR provides hospitals with an intraoperative modular family of solutions tailored to their requirements for adjunct technology per the AORN guidelines for RSI (“Retained Surgical Items”) prevention. ORLocate OR modular architecture includes two modules:
- ORLocate Sponge® – Counting & Locating of RFID Sponges
- ORLocate InstrumentsTM– Counting & Locating of RFID tagged instruments
ORLocate ORTM solution is mounted on a dedicated Roll-Stand with a variety of proprietary devices to constitute the OR Console, a lightweight, portable, stable, and easily movable medical cart that can be positioned anywhere in the operating room.
Utilizing the pioneering HoveRead®, in a matter of seconds, a circulating nurse can count every instrument and soiled and unused sponge in the in the surgical arena to provide assurance that no instruments or sponges are left behind. The HoveRead® is used to add and remove items during surgery.
Equipped with the Locator, ORLocate Sponge® is capable of identifying missing sponges misplaced in the laundry container and trash bins or in a patient abdomen and, thus, it replaces expensive and potentially harmful X-Rays.
The system can also be used to reconcile disposables and untagged items.
ORLocate® requires minimal training, and the hardware and devices are configurable per the selected use-cases. ORLocate Sponge® can be expanded to also track surgical instruments and, thus, provide every hospital with a solution tailored to its budget and growth strategy.
The ORLocate ORTM solution can also be integrated with the ORLocate View® server for unparalleled reporting and analytic capabilities, tailored to each client’s needs
The ORLocate modularity enables Haldor to accommodate it to various customers needs, ranging from a standalone sponge system via intraoperative instrument level tracking all the way through to the expansion of the solution to the SPD to provide surgical instrument lifecycle visibility.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Reduce RSI risks and liability costs
- Improve operational efficiency
- Reduce time spent on manual counting and searching of instruments
- Prevent usage of defective instruments
- Minimize instrument shrinkage (loss)
- Improve infection control
- Facilitate instrument maintenance lifecycle (defective & preventative)
- Improve instrument and workflow visibility
- Ensure the right instrument at the right time for the right case
- Improve instrument utilization rates
- UDI & Regulatory compliance